Friday, August 13, 2010

Pizza to Jesus


Last night was an interesting night. It started off by going to Josh Hall's football game in Ankeny. Then after that, me and some of the teens all went out to eat. We began talking about spiritual things, mostly topics out of Revelation. It seems every teen likes to talk about that.


Fazoli's was closing, so we left and went to my house. It was me, Andre, Madi P, Geena P and Sydney H. They all wanted to continue talking about spiritual things.


It was about 10:15p.m. and asked one of the girls if she was a Christian. She paused, then responded with"I don't know for sure." I told the teens to follow me into the other room as I continued to draw and illustration on our white board. It was showing how we are separated from God. Nothing can get us to him, not our good works, money, friends, family. It is only through Jesus that we can have relationship with God.


I asked her if she has ever made that commitment to Jesus. She said "She doesn't think so" I asked her what she wants to do about it, she responded "Fix it", I asked "When?"


She said, "Right Now!"


We went into the other room and we opened up the Bible and read scripture (Romans 3:23, 6:23, 10:9-10, 2 Corinthians 5:17) and then she asked Jesus for forgiveness!!!!!!! To be set free, she began her relationship with Jesus last night at 11:35p.m.


WOW. I didn't see the night going that way! Its great to see God work!

No comments:

Post a Comment